Santo Cristo de la Salud Cooperative Society

Crta. Méntrida, s/n
45920 – La Torre de Esteban Hambrán
Toledo (España)
Telephone: +34 925 79 51 14 / 925 79 51 63
Mail: coopcristo@gmail.com
CIF: F-45011178
Person in charge: Manuel López de León
Position at the company: President
Contact phone: +34 925 79 51 14 / 925 79 51 63

The cooperative was founded in 1975 and is the result of the merger of existing wineries from the towns of La Torre de Esteban Hambrán and Méntrida, with the aim of elaborating and marketing their Garnacha and Cencibel grape varieties and vineyards.

The vineyards occupy 450 hectares of which 70% are from the Garnacha variety (ink from Aragon), and the other 30% are Cencibel, Syrah, Cabernet, Merlot, Petit Verdot y Verdejo.  Currently we are immerse in a strong restructuring that will increase the production of Cencibel and Syrah as well as the emergence of others such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.

The winery is located on the Carretera de Méntrida S / N, with an area

10.000 m2, 5000 built, it has a total capacity of 3,500,000 liters, distributed in 144 prismatic concrete cones and 15 steel tanks fitted with chiller shirts in order to carry put a cold-controlled fermentation.

TECHNICAL DATA OF WINES

Name of the brand: SEÑORÍO DE ESTEBAN HAMBRAN (red and rosé) and TORRESTEBAN (crianza red)
Zone: Mentrida Protected Designation of Origin (PDO)
Type of wine: Red and rosé (young and crianza)
Vigneron/enologist:
Jesús Domingo
Vigneron/enólogo: Jesús Domingo
Varieties: Garnacha, Cencibel, Syrah, Cabernet
Agriculture: Conventional
Vineyard:

  • Localization of the vineyard: La Torre de Esteban Hambrán, Méntrida and Madrid
  • Climate: Continental - Mediterranean
  • Soil: Clay in general
  • Plots or hectares: 450 hectares

Elaboration:

  • Hand and machine harvesting.
  • Separate elaboration, according to variety and age, keeping between 14 and 17 different wines.
  • Stainless steel deposits
  • Whole grape without stalk
  • Fermentative maceration controlled in cold.
  • Extraction in pump
  • Maceration time: 8-10 days for red variety and 16 days for rosé.
  • Malolactic fermentation in concrete deposits for ypung wine
  • Aging: 12 months aging in American oak barrels.
  • Bottling: Clarified, stabilized by cold and filtered by micro-pore 

Analytical data:

  • Alcoholic content: 13 - 13.5%
  • pH: 3.6
  • Total acidity (g/l) 5.4
  • SO2  total (mg/l): 60 

Suggestions

  • Service temperature: Red wine 16-17 C and rosé 15  C
  • Crianza red wine combines well with red meats and, above all, game meat. 

Production (in bottles and liters): 10,000 crianza red wine bottles, 10.000 rosé wine bottles y 30.000 young red and rosé bottles.

Boxes format: boxes of 6 and 12 bottles.

Print PDF